Extract from CIT Statement following Judgement, 22nd March 2013
“The judgement implies that regardless of how politely countering statements are made, and irrespective of whether these are posed in religious terms or not, to oppose the favoured view of homosexual practice is not permissible within British public space.
Such total intolerance is instructive of the ‘evangelical’ role Equalities Legislation plays in our society in promoting homosexual practice, and which appears to have little regard for minorities other than those with the three “protected characteristics”. We call this discriminative social engineering”
Other media at the time:
- Telegraph. 24 January, 2013. “Christian group challenges ban on gay poster camapign”.
- LBC 97.3 Radio, “Drive Time”. Sunday 24th February, 2013. Presenter Emma Barnett. Dr Mike Davidson, and Patrick Strudwick Gay Activist and Journalist. London Bus Advert.
- BBC 4 “Today” Monday 25th February, 2013. Presenter Sarah Montague, Dr Mike Davidson. Bus Case on 28th February, 2013
- The Sydney Morning Herald, 25th February, 2013. “Mayor in Hight Court”.
- Gaydio “The Breakfast Show” 26th February, 2013. Presenters Chris Holliday and Emma Goswell, Mike Davidson.
- Telegraph. “Free speech means we should all have a say” 26 February, 2013.
- BBC Radio London. The Breakfast Show. 28th February, 2013. Dr Mike Davidson
- BBC Leeds. Breakfast. 28th February 2013. Mike Davidson.
- LBC FM, London. The Bus Advert Ban, 28th February, 2013, Mike Davidson with Patrick Strudwick, Activist and Journaist.
- Evening Standard, 28th February, 2013. “Boris Johnson ‘banned Christian advers on buses to win gay votes”.
- iTalk FM Cost Del Sol (Gibralter to Marbella). The Pippa Jones Show. Mike Davidson. 28th February, 2013.
- LBC Radio, London. Andrea Minichiello Williams. “Not Gay” Adverts. 28th February, 2013.
- Metro. ‘Boris Johnson’s ban of ‘Gay cure’ bus poster challenged in High Court by Christian group. Thursday 28th February, 2013.
- Independent, 28 February, 2013. “‘Gay cure’ group takes TFL to court over banned advert”.
- Huffington Post. ‘Gay Cure’ Bus Poster Campaigner Dr Mike Davidson takes TFL to High Court, 28th February, 2013.
- BBC London News. High Court hears ‘ex-gay’ ad ban a ‘political issue’. 28th February, 2013
- Voice of Russia Radio “Gay Poster Campaign Banned”, March 1, 2013.
- Sky News “‘Anti -gay’ Bus Ad, Christian Group in Court”. Thursday 28th February, 2013.
- BBC London, “‘Ex-gay’ advert like a ‘slap in the face’.” Friday 1 March, 2013.
- Telegraph. “‘Gay Cure’ therapy supporters are an oppressed minority, court told” Saturday 02 March 2013.